Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In November I contacted a guy named Jim online about joining his paintball team. We chatted for awhile and he invited me to come to a team practice. So on a Sunday afternoon I went and practiced with his team. It ended up Jim’s team and another team was merging. I had played with some of the players on that team before. Well they took the holiday season off. I played with them on New Years Eve, and things looked good. They were planning on going to a regional tournament that could potentially get the team national recognition and a sponsorship. It looked like I was going to be able to go with them. Then two nights ago I got an e-mail from Jim telling me to call him. So I called him last night and he informed me that I was getting kicked from the team. He had no say in the decision, even though he is on the team. A core 5 players decided that I wouldn’t be able to afford to be on the team. Two of the other guys my age that play for the team also have their Dads on the team with them. Jim said that they kicked me because my parents aren’t as supportive as the other two younger guys. Also the team didn’t even really talk to me much to find out specifics about me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home